Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Greetings, students! Welcome to my diabolical plan for our semester together. This blog is intended to do a handful of things to help you become better scholars, including: 

1) It will be a virtual hub to help guide you through our Ethnography adventure together, out of class. I will (irregularly) update the links and lists on the side-bar for those interested in investigating more than we can touch on within the classroom. 

2) I will post reminders for due dates.

3) I may (may) post readings, or at least create links to readings.

4) I will invite all students to be a contributor to the blog, but will maintain an administrative role.  You can create posts, send ideas/links to class-related material you think would be of interest.

5) Exemplary student work will be published on the blog for other students to read (with the permission (and hopefully pride) of the student, of course). We are a community of scholars, and this will be a way for students in each of the three sections of WARII to . . . communicate, and build on their own knowledge.

This is a knowledge bank, and I expect you to treat it as such. It will, I hope, continue to build, as the semester chugs towards winter. And, polite suggestions are welcome.

To a great semester for all of us,
Christopher

No comments: